Monday, December 25, 2006

Ho Ho Ho

Happy Holidays.

Last weekend I was going to pick up the Suzuki from the dealer, finish up the seats for The Triumph, and straighten up the garage after unpacking all of the track-day stuff.

Unfortunately "Wind Storm 2006" had other plans. We were without power for about 5 days. It wasn't life-changing but it was a pain in the butt. Needless to say I didn't get much done.

However, I did this weekend.

I finished the seats for The Triumph. Ish, from Pimp My Ride, isn't afraid of losing his job to me. You can be sure of that. But the seats certainly look better than they did.

I haven't taken it out for a spin yet, but I did test fit them. It's amazing what new foam will do. I had to readjust the seat to account for it.

I also picked up the Suzuki from the dealer. There's still work to be done but they fixed the oil leak. It looks like it was a problem with the end-caps on cylinder head and valve covers. They're powder coated and the powdercoat wasn't allowing a good seal.

The next step is to get a seat and seat pan fabricated. Not sure how I'm going to approach that yet. (Part of me wants to play with fiberglass to make my own seat pan.) I'll let you know.

I'm off to eat some cookies....