Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Give Up

Today was the day.

All hope is gone.

There's really no point in prolonging the inevitable.

I need to face the facts and get on with my life.

That's right, today I gave up on the riding/convertible season.

It's been raining since we got back from Canada. It'll be raining until two teaser days in March (which will, of course, be mid-week or on a weekend when I'm out of town) then won't really stop until mid-June. ... I know what you're thinking and I totally agree: no sane person would put up with this.

What does giving up on the season look like? It looks like cleaning up the garage. Actually putting things where they belong (instead of putting things somewhere convenient). All of the trackday stuff went into boxes. The tools came out of the portable boxes and go back to their permanent spots. Bikes get stuffed into corners and covered with sheets.

It's a sad day.

But nature abhors a vacuum. As riding/convertible season leaves it makes room for ... ... WRENCHING SEASON!!!

The wrenching list includes paint, electrical, gadgetry, cars, bikes, even some work on the garage itself. ... That's alot. I'm tired just thinking about it. Maybe I should start with a nap instead.

No comments: