Monday, July 02, 2012

Custom Sportbike

Don't get me wrong, I like sportbikes.  They're an impressive mix of design and engineering.  But I've always thought they were too homogenous.  One CBR1000 is pretty much the same as the next.

Cruisers (and in particular Harleys) span a much wider range.  A stock Harley bike is a blank canvas used to draw almost anything imaginable.  Where a stock sportibke is a nearly finished picture that only leaves a few minor details to the discretion of the owner.

That's why I was happy to see this bike:

It's a Yamaha FZ1 that started it's life something like this:

It might not be a huge amount of work (remove the fairings and fenders, new seat, new taillights, new mirrors, new exhaust) but the personality of the bike is radically different.

Kudos to someone willing to draw outside the lines.

3 comments:

Johnny Schultz said...

I used two brothers exhaust on my sportbike. The exhaust looks great on my sport bike. And the quality is good.

Two Brothers Motorcycle Exhaust

Unknown said...

Honda CBR600RR Fairings
Your site is actually very attractive. Your own course is actually huge. We need to be existing presently there. I'm comfortable together with your publish. I'll go to a person with regard to much more revise. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Two brothers is trash.