Friday, September 12, 2008

Fade to Black

Another track weekend (Friday and Saturday anyway). This is the last one for me this season, I promise.

Odd day.

Unloaded the Daytona and found it had a completely flat rear tire. Couldn't find out where it was punctured. Inflated it. It was fine. Thought about using it but it gave me the heebie-jeebies so I replaced both tires. ("New tires: $220. Replacing motorcycle plastics: $2000. Avoiding a blow-out at 130mph: priceless.")

Rode the Daytona all day. (Why not? It has new tires.) Felt good. Felt fast. I was looking forward to figuring out my laptimes. (I use the video recording for that.) Unfortunately my camera batteries were fading and I recorded about an hour of black and silence. ... Or maybe I was faster than light and sound! Yeah! That must be it!

Guess I need to add that to the list of off-season motorcycle tasks:
- Wire the camera into the motorcycle power.

No comments: