Sunday, September 07, 2008

TJ Regresses

Track weekend.

Saturday started well on the Daytona. Saturday ended poorly on the Ducati.

It was sort of like a baby eating ice cream: messy, loud, all-over-the-place. In some places I was too fast, in others too slow. In an attempt to get more free track I dropped down to the Beginner session where there were fewer bikes. ... At least if I ride like crap I won't stand out as much...

I decided the bike-switch was part of the problem so Sunday I stuck with the Ducati. I'm very proud of my Ducati. It's a nice toy. I like to show it off. It's usually good for some attention and compliments.

Unfortunately on Sunday the guy in the next pit over brought a Desmosedici. (For those not up on your Ducati models, imagine going to a horse race where someone brought a unicorn. A very fast unicorn.) Oh well. At least he's in the Beginner group so I'm not on the absolute top of the $-per-mph curve.

No comments: