Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Fantasy Football Anonymous

TJ: "Hi, my name is TJ and I'm addicted to fantasy football."
Group: "Hi TJ"

Statistics + football + Sundays. How can that not be a perfect combination for a numbers geek? Last night was our draft. 12 football fans in a room with pizza and beer all trying to decide whether to draft some unknown 3rd-string rookie running-back or a kicker in the 13th round. Good fun.

My post-draft analysis says I have the strongest team. ... My post-draft analysis *always* says I have the strongest team. Yet I always end up 7-7 and get booted in the first round of the playoffs.

My current starting line-up:
  • QB - Drew Brees
  • RB - Ladainan Tomlinson
  • RB - Earnest Graham
  • WR - Andre Johnson
  • WR - Chad Johnson
  • PK - Mason Crosby
  • DEF/ST - Chicago Bears

Remember, there are a whopping 4 prime-time games this week:
  • Thursday - Redskins v Giants
  • Sunday night - Bears v Colts
  • Monday night - Vikings v Packers
  • Monday night - Broncos v Raiders

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love me some ladainian. well, mostly just his name.