Sunday, August 31, 2008

Some Pics from SBNW


I met this fellow at the Mt St Helens overlook. He was coming from Vancover. Before that Nova Scotia. His next stops: California, Pennsylvania and Texas (in that order). Then where? Argentina followed by a cargo ship to Cape Town then North back home to Ireland! Seriously. He's expecting to take 2 years to do it.

I was tired having just ridden a few hours through Washington.


The bike garage was a nice little show on it's own. This is only about 1/3 of it:


If I were to get into the motorcycle touring life I think my weapon of choice would be a Victory Vision. At first I thought it was hideous. The it started growing on me. Now that I've seen one in person it looks pretty slick.


Northern Oregon is pretty empty, but I can see why people like it anyway.


1 comment:

Ray and Susan said...

Yay, another Vision convert. I loved the look of the Vision from the moment I saw it (but look at what I ride!)and I'd have one if my feet could touch the ground.

News flash--Eastern, Northern, Western, Southern. Oregon is fairly empty everywhere. But we loved riding in Oregon. Curvy hilly roads and not much traffic. Perfect. Except for the occasional distressing lack of gas stations, it's perfect.